Vice President Position Description
Petra Capital Partners, based in Nashville, TN, is a private equity firm engaged in providing growth capital for companies located throughout the United States. The firm has a successful investing track record with approximately $400 million of capital under management. Petra recently received a license and closed on its fourth Small Business Investment Company (“SBIC”) fund. We provide creative capital solutions, investing both subordinated debt and equity in high growth service companies. Petra looks to back outstanding management teams in high growth business services, tech-enabled services and healthcare services companies. Petra can invest up to $20 million per company and targets businesses with $10 to $100 million of revenue and $1 to $10 million of EBITDA at the time of investment.
Petra is seeking to hire a Vice President with 7-10 years of post-undergraduate experience to be an integral member of our growing team. As an important member of the investment team, you will play a key role in all parts of the investment process, including sourcing, evaluating new investments, underwriting and structuring investments, managing the due diligence process and ongoing monitoring of portfolio companies. You will have the opportunity to work with portfolio company executives (CEOs, CFOs, etc.) and support the firm’s Partners in attending and working with the board of directors of portfolio companies.
Deal teams at the firm typically consist of three investment professionals (Partner, Vice President and an Associate), requiring Vice Presidents to be extremely proactive in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have investment transaction experience and possess the ability to evaluate, analyze, and synthesize investment opportunities. The candidate should also be able to effectively communicate and quantify investment strengths along with related risks and mitigating factors.
This candidate must thrive in an entrepreneurial private equity culture and have the potential to grow into a larger role at the firm, including leading deals with increasing independence.
- Analyzing, evaluating and executing subordinated debt and equity investment opportunities
- Conducting due diligence and analytical work on potential investments, including participating in management presentations of prospect
- Researching investment target’s competitive position, market size and industry dynamics
- Overseeing the building of complex financial models by Associates
- Developing, conducting and coordinating financial analyses, reports and presentations to facilitate making investment and business
- Coordinating third party diligence providers, including legal, accounting and industry specific consultants
- Preparation of investment memos and supporting the presentation of investment recommendations to the firm’s investment committee
- Supporting the negotiation of terms with companies, financing partners, and others involved in the investment process
- Ongoing monitoring of portfolio company performance including attending portfolio company board meetings with the Partners
- Working with the Partners on deal origination and identifying new investment ideas, including attending industry events and
- Training and mentoring of junior investment professionals
- 7-10 years of total experience including a strong academic background
- Relevant professional experience in investment banking and/or private equity
- Team player with proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and quantitative skill set
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a lean team environment
- Proven ability to proactively manage processes and outside relationships
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong integrity and professionalism
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.